3/14/2007

Say what?

As an xray technologist in training, I am responsible for telling my patients about the risk of each procedures and giving clear instructions. However, sometimes I wish I can just skip the chit chat...

- Asking a 52 year old woman "is there any chance you are pregnant at the moment?"
- Asking a 14 year old girl "are you sexually active?"
- Asking any woman about the starting date of her last period
- Patients telling me "Don't worry, I got my tubes tied."
- Or the 14 year old girl telling me "Don't worry, I'm on the pills."

I really don't want to know. Sometimes the things that I say haunt me back when I think about them later on.

- Telling my patients "we are all done here, you can put your pants back on."
- Or "Lie on your back, bend your knees up and spread out your legs please."

The more I think about it, the harder for me to sleep peacefully. Maybe I'm just young and inexperience. Man, that's my career.

4 comments:

viv said...

maybe you're young and inexperienced.
or maybe you should just pick your brain out of the gutter.

at least... the 14 year old girl was on the pill?
and well... having your tubes tied is.. safe.

Kat Zhang said...

hahaah viv's comment is funny.

welcome to the real world gavo - maybe you should just give them a questionnaire to fill out next time! =)

Anonymous said...

yo guy...at least ur only asking questions...once u gotta see them naked it makes it all the more awkward...but then ur a guy so i don't think that'll be part of ur job but dude...being a girl technician sucks ASSS...u see WAAAYYY too many booooobbbssss lol (and they're all SAGGING guy...:S)

Unknown said...

that's a funny blog. haha. it's amazing how much more strange things you encounter while working. that's one thing i've noticed!

see you soon~ from your cuz in HK~